Friday 8 March 2013

Emailing Peterborough Utd

Since we didn't get anywhere with asking permission to film in Sheffield Wednesdays ground on a match day, and I also tried emailing Leicester City with no reply, I decided to try emailing Peterborough United as Sheffield Weds play them on the 27th April and it's also where I live so thought I might have more chance in getting somewhere.
I realise that the match is only 2 days before our deadline so if we do film there we wont be able to use too much footage as we don't want to be doing really any editing or sound that close to the deadline. The reason I want to go though is that Tango is definitely more rowdy at away games and I have seen him before at Peterborough and he was singing and shouting as the Peterborough fans a lot and also tried to run out on to the pitch when they scored.
I also want to go there because Peterborough has an all standing side for the away fans so we could stand wherever we wanted to to and get close to Tango because he goes in the standing bit. This stand is also close to the home fans which is also something that gets him going a lot because he can aim a lot of his chants and gestures at the home fans.
This game is also the second to last game of the season which means it will be quite an important game for both teams and that should make for a more rowdier crowd and Tango.

I would like to carry on with this documentary after the deadline and get a copy of all the footage myself so even if we don't manage to get much of the footage from this match into the final edit it will still be something I will use myself.

After emailing the media department of the club I had a reply from Phil Adlam asking what I wanted to film exactly so I told him it would literally just be of Tango watching the match and maybe some crowd shots. He then asked what camera would we be using I said it would be a Sony Z1 and maybe a Canon 650D and he basically said that would be fine and that we would need to go to reception first so the safety officer could check our equipment and also just reminded me that not to film any of the game. I siad that's fine and also asked if it's ok to bring a rifle mic which he said was fine.




Email:


Hannah:
Hi, I am a Film and Media student at Sheffield Hallam University (from Peterborough) and I am looking to gain permission to film at the home game between Peterborough Utd and Sheffield Wednesday 

on the 27th April as I am doing a documentary on Tango - Paul Gregory the well-known Wednesday fan?


The footage I want to obtain is mainly of Tango (Paul), who we have consent to film, and would not be any of the match play itself.




Phil:
What filming are you looking to do exactly?





Hannah:
it will be pretty much all just be filming of Paul Gregory (Tango) as he's watching the game and maybe some crowd shots if that's permitted 





Phil:
What kind of camera is it? 




Hannah:
Sony Z1 video camera and a Canon 650D




Phil:
I have no problem in this – but please note that this is our last home game of the season and it is imperative that no filming of the pitch or the games takes place. We will also need you to report to reception on the day for the equipment to be checked by our safety officer and please note that if you are in the terrace filming the fan, you do so at your own risk.





Hannah: 
Ok, that's fine thanks. We will also have a rifle mic as well if that all right?





Phil: 
As long as you don’t start shooting people with the rifle thats fine..





Hannah: 

Ha ha cheers






Phil: 
No problem :)





























No comments:

Post a Comment