Sunday 10 March 2013

Update!

So far I've been quite pleased with the organisation of the group, everyone has played a part and done what has been asked of them which makes things run a lot smoother and I've found because of how well we've worked as a team so far that things have gone better and more to plan than previous productions I have been part of.

I think we have got some good footage so far my only worry is that we've got quite a lot of stuff that will make up our ten minute documentary but not enough for our two minute of which the deadline is getting close now. I have come up with a plan/schedule of everything that we need and how an when we're going to get it but because this means waiting for the next Sheffield Weds home game we have to wait until Saturday the 16th (as the last 2 games have been away) and our deadline is the 18th at 4 I think so this will be pushing it a bit.

I have planned to meet up this Monday, as I have still not seen the rushes yet, and I'm going to see what Joe has managed to do so far and see what footage we already have and what needs to be done or re-shot this Saturday although I already have a good idea in my mind of what we need to do. I have said to the group we need to get the edit done as much as we can before Saturday so once we get the rest of the footage then it will be a case of putting it into the edit. 

As far as sound goes we will have the atmos of the crowd to help build up the Tango acting up montage and we also have the music from the band which they have said we can download from their website and we have permission to use. We have not really thought about making our own music for the two minute piece but because of what we already have sound/music-wise and the fact it's only two minutes and don't think it will require any more music. For the ten minute piece though I do expect us as a group to think about making something ourselves although none of us are taking sound as a skill so this could be a challenge, I do know someone that makes and produces their own music though who said they'd be willing to help us if we need something making. Also I'm not really picturing music as a big part of it as I think it will be mainly about the diegetic sounds we have captured that will really add to the feel and tone of the piece. When I've watched other football documentaries not all of them have used music as a dominant feature throughout and I quite like how naturalistic it has felt because of that.


With regards to the ten minute piece I think that will be less of a panic towards the end because we already have so much footage and interviews and also other interviews planned so we will have more time to think about what we want to do about music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment