Sunday 3 March 2013

Second shoot - Saturday 2/3 at football ground

Today was our second shoot which I feel we were much more prepared for than last week and we had a clearer sense of what we needed to do. I think the fact the weather was nicer and warmer as well helped as last week it was so cold it was hard to concentrate at times.





Me and Luke met Paul and Jacob in the same place as last week and then we went to meet John Hemmingham (the the band leader and trumpet player) in the park and we did a quick interview with him, asking him questions on Tango and a couple on himself and the band, with the stadium and the club emblem in the background. We then asked if he would play us song and he played 'Bounce' for us which is one of the songs they do during matches. While we were interviewing him some kids nearby seemed quite interested and they were all young Wednesday fans too who ended up running in behind John and bouncing around when he was playing the trumpet. I thought was was quite nice so we got their email addresses so we could email them and send a permission form for their parents to sign to say they're allowed to be shown in it.
It was a very sunny day so I was a bit worried while we were interviewing John that the sun might be in his face but we had to try and make sure you could see the stadium in the background at the same time so I hope that it looks OK when we view the rushes.
I also checked with Luke, after John had played his solo, that the levels were good as it was really loud and I did want to get back to discover it was peaking but when I listened back quickly it seemed to be all right as Luke had turned it right down after he heard the first note which was really loud. In hindsight I think we should have done a test first to check the levels were OK but I think we just went straight into it.


After that we took a detour on the way to the Hillsborough club as the batteries had ran out really quickly. We then met up with Tango at the club again to re-do the interview. It took a while deciding where the best place to do it was because inside was too noisy so I suggested outside the door where the Hillsborough club sign was but I felt it was in the way of people coming in and out and the framing didn't look right to me. I then suggested he sit at one of the beer garden benches with his pint (there was a sign in the background with Hillsborough on it) and we did the interview like that as I thought it looked more natural. He also had the phone on the table next to his pint which went off during the interview and he answered it saying you've just interrupted my interview which is being filmed... which I thought was funny and something we might want to include if it fits in.



After the interview we grabbed some lunch and then headed to the front of the stadium where we got a few shots of the crowds heading in, then we dropped the equipment back off at the car then headed into the ground for the match.




We sat in our seats for the first half capturing what we could then I suggested that at half time we went up to the band to see if we could get them playing together. We then decided that we should split up for the second half - me and Paul stayed with the band so we could capture more of them and I told Jacob and Luke to get as close to Tango as they could as I had noticed there were a few empty seats near him and we needed close up footage of Tango as what we had already was too far away and shaky.



We met up back at the car after the match and I said to the others there's some more footage I think we should have got but didn't really have enough time to and that was more stuff around the football ground like the burger vans, stewards, boisterous fans, police/vans as I think this would be good for cutaways and also helping to build a picture up of a football match and add some context.
We also discussed our plans for Monday as we're going to Wolverhampton to film Tango in his home and work environment. We are going to meet at uni at about 11 of Monday morning and collect the equipment and test it then take it back to the car, we're aiming to arrive in Wolverhampton about 2ish.
I think we have decided that I am going to drive and Paul, Luke, Jacob are coming with me and Joe is going to stay and get on with editing the footage we just got.

No comments:

Post a Comment